Mechanical Engineeering's Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) is a group of engineers from around the United States who volunteer their time to the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Although members of the Board are available to the faculty and students all year for consultation and advice, the group convenes each spring (usually early May) to tour machine shops and labs, listen to student presentations and meet new faculty. The Chair brings the Board up-to-date on the past year's activities and keeps the Board current on ABET credentialing matters.
Volunteer members of the IAB represent the following companies: Instron, Brookhaven National Laboratories, Electric Boat/General Dynamics, Parker Bayside, Ford Motor Company, Northrup Grumman, EDO, Anorad and Festo Corporation.
For our students, the highpoint of the day comes when they receive interview advice from IAB members who are also would-be future employers.
Mr. John Floresta, VP Engineering Anorad, A Rockwell Automation Business and Chair of Industrial Advisory Board
Dr. Tom Butcher, Head of Energy Resources Division, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Mr. Subimal Chakraborti, P.E., Executive Vice President, SIMCO Engineering, P.C.
- Mr. Joseph D’Amato, Vice President of Engineering, Arkwin Industries, Inc.
- Mr. Mustansir Faizullabhoy, Director of Engineering, Festo
- Mr. David Melo, VP of Engineering, AMETEK Thermal Systems Inc.
- Mr. Leonard Poveromo, Executive Director, Composite Prototyping Center
- Mr. Jon Wyman, Director of Engineering, Electromechanical Products, Instron
- Mr. Russell C. Slanover, Counsel, Hogan Lovells US LLP