- Tsinghua University, Ph.D. & M. S. 2006
- Tsinghua University, B. E. 2001
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stony Brook University, 2013 - present
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, 2011-2013
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2006-2011
Research Interests and History
Lifeng Wang received his B.E. and Ph.D. both from Tsinghua University, majoring in Solid Mechanics. Before joining Stony Brook, he worked as an assistant professor at Clarkson University and a postdoctoral associate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Lifeng Wang has coauthored 25 journal articles and 1 US patent and has presented at even more conferences. He serves as a frequent reviewer for many journals and conferences. He received the National Science Award from China’s Ministry of Education and China’s National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award. He is a member of the Materials Research Society, American Physical Society and American Society of Mechanical Engineers.