Summer & Winter Sessions
Students can earn up to 18 credits in 6 weeks during the Summer Session and 3 credits in 3 weeks during the Winter Session. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers 5 online and 2 in-person summer session classes and 3 winter session courses. The course descriptions can be found here.
Courses for Mechanical Engineering Majors & Engineering Electives:
- MEC 203 (Online): Engineering Graphics & CAD* - Winter & Summer
- MEC 225: Fundamentals of Machining Practices - Summer
- MEC 262 (Online): Engineering Dynamics* - Summer
- MEC 363: Mechanics of Solids* - Summer
- MEC 410 (Online): Design of Machine Elements* - Summer Extended 8-Week Session
*Mechanical Engineering Majors should discuss their interest in taking MEC 203, MEC
MEC 363, and MEC 410 during the summer session with their faculty advisors during advising week.
Online Courses for All Undergraduates:
- MEC 104 (SBC SNW/TECH Course): Practical Science of Things - Winter & Summer
- MEC 105 (SBC SNW/TECH Course): Everyday Science - Summer
- MEC 280 (SBC STAS Course): Pollution & Human Health - Winter & Summer
Visit www.stonybrook.edu/summer and www.stonybrook.edu/winter-session for details.